Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Origami Energy was founded in 2013 with a vision to make energy cheaper, greener and more secure. As the world strives to achieve increasingly stringent sustainable energy targets, smart and powerful technology is required to ensure our electricity systems are fit for the 21st century.
Origami Energy has developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value for energy market actors in an increasingly complicated energy world. We provide our technology through strategic partnership agreements with some of the world’s leading energy companies.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the operation and security of a highly available technology platform. They install, maintain, upgrade and continuously improve our operating environments - this includes monitoring, responding to incidents / problems and planning for growth. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer needs good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with technical colleagues and offer training and mentoring to junior engineers.
- Ensure suitable levels of monitoring and alerting are in place to keep Infrastructure and Engineering teams aware of issues.
- Make security the first consideration to ensure production environments and software deployed to them are secure.
- Develop new functionality and improve stability of our AWS and Container Infrastructure through infrastructure as code.
- Supports multiple systems or applications with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Acts as the technical liaison between operations teams, engineers and architects, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and operating secure cloud environments
- Experience setting up production grade, highly available, highly scalable Kubernetes clusters.
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams
- Ability script or program in at least one of the following (Python, Golang or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure provisioning and configuration management tools
- Experience working with container orchestration and deployment technologies
- Experience of developing CI/CD workflows and tools
- Extensive experience with IaaS and PaaS cloud providers. (AWS, G
- Experience designing monitoring and logging solutions for high availability production environments
- Proficiency in building Linux and Windows systems (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, etc)
- Network design and configuration, e.g. VPCs, VPNs, network routing
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases
- Event / Message queuing frameworks (e.g. Kafka)
- Experience with distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra)
- Experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
- Experience with resilient distributed system / microservice architectures
What it's like at Origami:
We have an open and honest culture here at Origami, driven by our Values - find out more what our employees think. As well as personal support and development (and the opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets), we offer very competitive basic salaries and benefits:
- Friendly and open plan offices - with flexible working hours and informal dress code
- 25 days holiday (you can buy or sell extra days)
- Equity in the company
- A wellbeing programme including life insurance, cash health plans, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, discounts and cycle to work schemes
- Quarterly all-company meetings and recognition, plus regular team socials
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible for you, so we don't ask for your whole life history!
Origami Energy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development. We have a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.