Lead Front End Developer
Origami Energy was founded in 2013 with a vision to make energy greener, cheaper and more secure. As the world strives to achieve increasingly stringent sustainable energy targets, we believe an intelligent, coordinated network of diverse assets delivers the most cost-effective, secure and flexible solution.
Energy flexibility is becoming increasingly valuable to help balance electricity systems around the world, as increasing amounts of inflexible and intermittent renewable generation is added to the energy mix. Origami Energy has developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value from this flexibility, in real-time. This technology enables flexibility providers to generate better financial returns from their assets and flexibility users to buy, sell and trade better.
What you'll do:
We're now looking for a highly motivated Lead Front End Developer to drive and create amazing customer experience, this is an absolutely critical element of the next stage of our growth and product expansion.
- Technical lead for front-end development of Origami’s Energy Trading Platform
- Lead refactoring of our front end product to support automated test and continuous delivery of multiple features to multiple geographies
- Delivering high-quality, tested and robust code that achieves the company’s aims according to specification
- Opportunity to take a lead role and contribute across a range of technical areas within the team, including:
- Web App Architecture
- User Interaction and User Interface Design
- Customer-Facing APIs
- Work alongside other (cross-platform) developers and designers in a dynamic and creative environment
- Have the opportunity to explore new technologies
- Have ownership for your own work and that of your team
- Understands isolated UI component deployment to support rapid deployment and test
- Follows SOLID principles
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- AWS cloud services
- Agile working practices such as Scrum and Kanban
- Good degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- BDD (Cucumber, Gherkin) and black box automated testing (Selenium)
- Docker and Containerised deployments
- Java and Java Web Application Frameworks such as SpringBoot or others
- Configuration management, deployment management and related tools
What it's like to work here
We have an open and honest culture here at Origami, driven by our Values - find out more what our employees think. As well as personal support and development (and the opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets), we offer very competitive basic salaries and benefits:
- Friendly and open plan offices - with flexible working hours and informal dress code
- 25 days holiday (you can buy or sell extra days)
- Equity in the company
- A wellbeing programme including life insurance, cash health plans, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, discounts and cycle to work schemes
- Quarterly all-company meetings and recognition, plus regular team socials
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible for you, so we don't ask for your whole life history!
Origami Energy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development. We have a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.