Software Test Engineer
Energy flexibility is becoming increasingly valuable to help balance electricity systems around the world, as increasing amounts of inflexible and intermittent renewable generation is added to the energy mix. Origami Energy has developed intelligent, versatile and secure technology to optimally generate value from this flexibility, in real-time. This technology enables flexibility providers to generate better financial returns from their assets and flexibility users to buy, sell and trade better.
What you'll do:
We're now looking for a highly motivated Test Engineer to help us to continue the drive for quality in our platform, working closely with Development to create excellent next-generation products.
- Collaborate with developers and DevOps within fast-paced and continuously improving agile delivery teams
- Carry out manual and automated functional test activities to validate functionality of software updates
- Use Jira to track new features or defects in the platform, including building test schedules from user story acceptance criteria
- Contribute to decisions on how we test at Origami, sharing opinions on the right tools to use and the right methods to achieve our goals
- Contribute to the overall automation test framework, using Java and Gradle
- Create automated test cases for the front-end to the back-end, using frameworks like Selenium, RestAssured, JMeter, Kundera, JOOQ, TestNG and more
- Work with technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka and Docker to deploy and test our platform
- Proven expertise undertaking black box functional testing in an agile environment
- Experienced in manual functional testing with a strong desire to progress automated testing
- Understanding of the principles of RESTful APIs
- Comfortable with the basics of Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Prior use of Java (or other OOP language), Selenium and TestNG or Junit
- Experience in creating and maintaining automated integration tests
What it's like to work here
We have an open and honest culture here at Origami, driven by our Values - find out more what our employees think. As well as personal support and development (and the opportunity to be at the forefront of revolutionising global energy markets), we offer very competitive basic salaries and benefits:
- Friendly and open plan offices - with flexible working hours and informal dress code
- 25 days holiday (you can buy or sell extra days)
- Equity in the company
- A wellbeing programme including life insurance, cash health plans, employee assistance programme, season ticket loans, discounts and cycle to work schemes
- Quarterly all-company meetings and recognition, plus regular team socials
How to apply
We want to make this as easy as possible for you, so we don't ask for your whole life history!
Origami Energy is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development. We have a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.